Monday, March 7, 2011

Big Updates!

Last Tuesday (March 1st), I successfully defended my dissertation. Also last week, I accepted a tenure-track position in the philosophy department at Wayne State University in Detroit, MI. I am, obviously, extremely excited about both of these facts, and, while I still have to format the dissertation and fill out some paperwork, this also means that I am pretty much finished with grad school.

This past Saturday, I gave a talk at the Early Modern Circle (an early modern philosophy workshop here in Southern California). The discussion during the Q&A session was very fruitful for me, so that was excellent.

Oh, also, I will be commenting on a paper at the upcoming Hume conference in Edinburgh, which is awesome because this year is Hume's 300th birthday, so this should be a pretty exciting conference.

I think that's all my major news at the moment. Soon, I will be back to philosophical posts.

3 comments:

Chris Tillman said...

Congratulations Professor Powell!

Rebekka P said...

yay you! Congrats! :)

Anonymous said...

sure.